Cllr Julie Cottle Report
- Tree works
The tree stumps have been removed from outside the school and in Brookside Close. Topsoil and grass seed have been applied. I’m pleased to say after checking each area, the seed has taken, and the grass is growing well. We need to review this time next year with regards to replacing with new trees.
- KGV Field
The resident survey results are in, and we will be reporting on the results at the September meeting.
- Flooding/Canal Leak
I have been in contact with CRT, and they have informed me that the repair to the culvert under the canal will take place in the winter when it is quieter on the canal as they will probably have to drain a section of the canal for access.
I am still waiting to hear from WNC regarding the footpath FP4, reported to Street Doctor. I have also reported a broken stile on FP6 and a broken gate on FP8.
- Tarrys End
I have not heard from the contractor we awarded the Tarry’s End contract to. I will try to contact him again.
- Christmas Tree
I am looking into the feasibility and costs of planting a permanent Christmas tree on the Green near the memorial.
Cllr Chris Bolton Report
- Maintenance refund from EON received – £476.04.
- Potholes – as always, any potholes or highway issues needs to be reported via Fix My Street
- Crick Road railings – these have been damaged. Waiting for site visit from Northants Highways
- Railings opposite the school – these have been repaired
- Ward’s Lane – re-surfacing issue being picked up with residents and Northants Highways
- Bluefield LLP has appointed its main contractor – Bouygues. They were recently recognised as one of the top 10 solar EPC providers in the world by WikiSolar. Bluefield are still liaising with WPD on a connection date to allow works to begin. I have chased regarding the community fund details and am awaiting a response.
Housing development – Hillmorton Lane
- I have received an update from Whiterock. Some revisions to the site layout, following District Council comments, are being worked on which Whiterock will share with the PC once these have been agreed. Initial surveying work has been undertaken and a full planning application is expected to be made by the end of October. Whiterock will keep us updated through myself and the Clerk.
- A planning application (WND/2021/0261) has been made for the construction of a dormer bungalow on the land to the rear of Manor Cottage, 92B High Street. The Council Planning Committee met to discuss this and decided to object to this on a number of grounds. Minutes of the Planning Committee can be found on the YPC website.
Speed Sign Project
- A separate report with recommendations to the Parish Council has been made on this.
Quite busy this month with two internments, two exclusive rights of burials, two queries, and a headstone memorial request.
Cemetery headstone inspection training
It is best practice that the Burial Officer plus one other is trained in headstone inspections. The recommended training is with BRAAM. I have contacted them for training details but it was very expensive at £350 + VAT. NALC are now running a course for £85 but with very limited numbers. I have provisionally booked a place and added to this agenda for approval. This will compliment previous training undertaken.
I have booked a GDPR course and have attended many free webinars this month:
- Northants ACRE – Going Green with Energy
- Northants ACRE – Community Swap Shops and Food Growing Projects
- Northants ACRE – natural capital, green infrastructure plans and the planning framework’
- Northants ACRE – Rural projects to explore – setting up a community orchard’
- Northants ACRE – The importance of village halls in rural life
The 2020/21 audit documentation was submitted to the external auditor in June and published on our website. Still no result received.
The new groundsman contractor seems ok, albeit a bit slow as he is so busy. He does respond to me quickly but takes 2-3 weeks to carry out work. He has cleared all the alleys and the footpath by Troutbeck.
There has been a couple more teething problems with Norse not cutting all the areas they should but they rectify them same day. I cannot fault their service/customer service and I think the village is looking the best it has for a while.
I have spent considerable time updating the village directory listings and trying to obtain payment. So many just do not respond or no not advise updates to their details. A lot of companies have been removed from the directory as they have not paid and are not responding to my correspondence.
I use August to do my annual archiving, clearing out etc. Many files that are no longer needed have been shredded. Minute books passed to the History Group. I am working on making all the cemetery correspondence electronic. Scanning it all is taking a lot of time.