The Supporting Independence Programme is a Northamptonshire Public Health service, delivered free of charge across the county. We provide tailored support to members of the community, (aged 18 & over) in several areas of their life which may be impacting their every-day independence & wellbeing.
With up to 12 weeks of one-to-one support within the community, our dedicated Wellbeing Advisors are committed to improving client’s health and wellbeing, helping them to achieve a better quality of life. We carry out numerous in-house interventions, and have excellent working partnerships with organisations and services across the county, to ensure the most appropriate support is put in place.
Examples of support include:
- Opportunities to meet with your Advisor to ‘Walk and Talk’ with the aim of increasing physical activity and socialisation.
- Support to access social opportunities within your local community to reduce isolation, including volunteering and clubs, groups and events to suit your hobbies and interests.
- Identification, intervention and support for low-level mental health and emotional difficulties.
- Identification, support and referral as appropriate to support daily life including housing support and money advice.
- Advice, information and support on managing the long-term effects of COVID-19.
- Advice, information and support on lifestyle issues such as nutrition, weight management, smoking and alcohol use.
- Identification of other issues such as blood pressure or use of multiple medicines and referral where appropriate including to memory clinics, continence services or community pharmacies.
Individuals can self-refer or make a referral on someone else’s behalf and can do this by completing our short eligibility assessment via the link below. A member of our administration team will endeavour to contact clients within two working days to arrange an initial appointment.
Elizabeth Shulver | West Northamptonshire Wellbeing Coordinator |Supporting Independence Programme. Public Health Northamptonshire
T: 0300 126 3000 W: Supporting Independence Programme – Health and wellbeing (northamptonshire.gov.uk)