Cllr Julie Cottle Report
We will be installing the sleepers to accommodate the new container unit shortly. We are waiting for a delivery date.
I am seeking a third quotation for the proposed resurfacing works in Tarry End.
Tree Survey Works
I have interviewed 3 contractors to provide quotations for the Tree Survey Works. I have contacted the Yelvertoft School to make them aware of the impending works.
KGV Field Survey
The working group have met twice and good progress has been made. The proposed survey will be presented to Council for approval at the next meeting.
I have emailed Peter Bowman of Severn Trent and WWT along with Nicola Jameson of Natural England to request a letter of support with the Natural Flood Management we are considering along the Crick Bridleway and around the KGV Field.
I attended the Investigation by DSA on behalf of the WNC into the flood of 23 December 2020 along with Cllr Parker and four residents.
I am attending a meeting on Wednesday 2 June 2021 with Lightrock and the preferred contractor along with Cllr Bolton to discuss issues including Highways and flooding.
I have still not had a response from the Rights of Way Officer regarding FP4. I will try via the Street Doctor route to see if I can get a response that way.
Complaint – Yelvertoft Brook
A resident has written to Council regarding a large tree trunk blocking the brook between Yelvertoft and Clay Coton. I contacted the landowner a couple of weeks ago and can confirm that the tree trunk has been removed.
Transparency in my work
As requested I have issued the Clerk copies of all my email communication with Fields in Trust (Angela Lewis and Lydia Stilwell), Sports England (Rajvir Bahey,) Natural England (Nicola Jameson), WWT and Severn Trent (Peter Bowman) with regard to the KGV.
Cllr Chris Bolton Report
- Maintenance – New invoice has been sent. The cost is now £45 +VAT per quarter (£180 + VAT per annum). This equates to a saving of £85.42 per quarter (£341.68 per annum)
- Discussions are ongoing about backdating these charges in the form of a credit note
- Charges – with new (December 2020) Western Power Distribution Certificate of Unmetered Supply to be reviewed and cost savings calculated
- Liaison Officer has followed up on our meeting (4th May) with further information.
- Road Safety team has been in contact with an overview of the process and funding availability. Meeting arranged with road safety officer for 4th
- Contact made with the Office of the Office of the Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner regarding funding. Documentation received on the Northamptonshire Road Safety Community Fund from the Northamptonshire Safer Roads Alliance
- A full proposal will be made to the Parish Council after the meeting with the road safety officer.
- School road markings – liaison officer found no documentation regarding the changes is road markings outside the school.
- Potholes – potholes filled on School Close and Hillmorton Lane. However, this area will be an ongoing problem for the whole village. Residents need to continue to be reminded to report problems through the YPC website or directly through Fix My Street
- Solar Farm/Lightrock – Meeting arranged with Lightrock and new contractor for 2nd Councillor Cottle will also be in attendance
- Whiterock Homes (Hillmorton Lane development)
- Awaiting planning confirmation
Cllr Nigel Mercer Report
Following on from the online Northampton NW meeting in April, I now have all the contact details for NW contacts in the nearby villages and hamlets. We are in the process of forming a WhatsApp group that will link us together and service information sharing locally. This means that information on a very local crime or problem can be distributed very quickly and shared on each village noticeboard and/or Parish Noticeboard at the click of a button. We hope to add the local crime officer to the group, as soon as we are informed of who it is. I think that WhatsApp is a more useful tool for things like this. Sometimes emails can be a bit fiddly especially on a mobile ‘phone.
Cllr Louise Somers Report
Since the last meeting I have delivered a Parish Council update for the Parish News with a focus on our local environment. A topic I touched upon was around potential changes to the King George V Field and I have been working with the King George V working group to develop a short update and questionnaire for local residents which has been submitted to the Parish Council for discussion.
As the Village hall is one of my responsibilities, I have joined the Village Hall committee and agreed to become a trustee of the Village Hall alongside Cllr Hedgecock, which we have been told is normal procedure for other committee members. And we will be attending these monthly meetings on a rotating basis so that there will always be a Parish Council presence. Finally, I have signed up for a Parish Council course ‘off to a flying start’ in September.
It has been very quiet over the recent months but we have received 3 requests for ashes internments over the last couple of weeks and 2 headstone erection queries.
The new contractor has now added the doors to the bin surround as per the quote. I have now paid his invoice.
Cemetery ashes sign
I am having no joy with getting the sign back of the old contractor. I will persevere.
Cemetery Path Jet Washing
The path has now been jet washed.
Cemetery Headstone Complaint
I contacted the next of kin regarding an unsafe headstone. She asked that the PC get it secured and invoice her, which I did. Alan and I are dealing with this.
I have attended a few free webinars recently:
- HMRC P11d and expenses
- Opening up of community buildings / resuming f2f meetings (being Covid secure)
- Employment Law Update
Previous Maintenance Contractor
The contractor will just not respond to me. As stated above, he is holding the Cemetery ashes sign, along with the bridleway no vehicles sign. I will continue different ways to resolve this.
This has taken a lot of my time over the last month or so but I am pleased to say it is now all complete. The internal auditor has approved the financials except for one small comment being that I didn’t minute last year that the financials had been circulated to Council. Once the audit is approved at this meeting, I will submit to the external auditor.