Cllr Julie Cottle Report
The working group have met to implement stage 1 of the action plan and will now prepare an initial feasibility proposal to present to the Council.
The storage container has arrived and is awaiting installation.
The tree has been purchased and will be delivered and installed on 8th December. It is planned to hold an official switching on of the lights on Friday 10th December at 5.30 with minced pies and mulled wine.
I attended a meeting with the Clerk, David McKnight from Local Government Resource Centre (LGRC) and John Bamber, Chair of Crick Parish Council to discuss how we can work together on a Climate Change action plan. David McKnight will work with us to conduct a health check and to produce a road map for the future. This is a pilot project and I look forward to working on this joint project. We are a pilot so there is no charge to the council from LGRC.
Cllr Chris Bolton Report
- Nothing to note
- Salt bins – inspected – 3 are full and one is half full
- Drains – blocked drains reported by residents – logged on Street Doctor which is showing ‘investigating’ status
- Potholes – as always, any potholes or highway issues needs to be reported via Fix My Street
- Crick Road
- Railings – Site visit from Northants Highways 7th October – waiting for update – chased again
- Ward’s Lane – continuing to liaise with Highways and resident
There have been some significant changes to timescales and developments in other areas
- Build has been delayed. The new timescale is:
– Site preparation October ’22; Solar panel build – Jan ’23; Connection to Grid -June ’23
- Community Fund – agreement being drafted and will be sent to PC for comment
Housing development – Hillmorton Lane
- Update from Whiterock at Parish Council meeting on 8th November
- Councillor Bolton to main point of contact for development
- Letter delivered to affected residents outlining the development
- Attended NCALC training – Planning Nuts and Bolts – presentation will be circulated to all Councillors
Speed Sign Project
- This will be taken forward as grant has been awarded. It should be noted that the speed sign will now be solar-powered:
– Section 50 license received.
– Supplier (Traffic Technology) advised; waiting for installation date (Clerk)
An application for an additional inscription on a headstone has been processed. Another headstone application has been received but don’t think it is for Yelvertoft so liaising with funeral director.
Volunteers have been thanked again. A volunteer has been informed that the mower and other equipment can be moved out of his premises once the new storage container is in situ.
There are many leaves in the cemetery and particularly on the path which makes it slippy so a volunteer has been asked to clear the path.
Ongoing maintenance of footpaths/alleys is going well and no resident complaints have been received since contractor asked to keep them clear.
The small claims court application has been placed against the previous contractor who is holding our signs. He has texted to say he will drop the signs off to me but nothing received so far. Chasing.
December issue drafted and sent to print.
WNC SPATIAL PLAN – DIRFT EXTENSION
You will see from the agenda and Facebook that this is of great interest to residents. I have added to correspondence the communications we have received fyi. I asked MP Chris Heaton-Harris for his support as requested and he wanted to meet so that meeting has been arranged. As per the email I sent you, it is arranged for 17th December and anyone can attend, however, due to Covid safety and Chris’s (they want the police present if there are a lot attending) residents have been asked to let me know if they want to attend and shouldn’t just turn up.
I am working on making all the cemetery correspondence electronic. Scanning it all is taking a lot of time but it will be a worthwhile exercise and add to efficiency in the future. Cloud back up has been improved and regular back ups take place still. Once done, I intend to scan everything so we can reduce paper use and have everything stored electronically.