We are pleased to inform residents that the cemetery improvements are well under way:
- Memorial kerb stones have been placed around the Rose Garden. People are able to scatter ashes in the Rose Garden (with permission from the Parish Council) and then purchase a memorial stone to be engraved if they wish. The rose bushes and soil are also being replaced, and further bulbs planted.
- A new gravel path will be placed around the Rose Garden for ease of walking and maintenance. This path will be extended to the cremated remains area alongside the hedge in order to improve that area too.
- The gate has been painted. Many thanks to Councillor Alan Chantler for completing this. A new sign has also been installed on the gate.
- A new cremated remains area has been created top left of the cemetery for those who wish to bury cremated remains. Mini headstones can be placed on the graves here.
- A shelter will be installed for storing the bins and tools so they are not on show.
- Councillor Vivien Twort continues to donate vases for everyone to use. Many thanks to Vivien for this service. Please do return them if you are not using them so others can benefit too.
- Rotten benches have been replaced and a new tree bench will be installed.
We would sincerely thank the volunteers that put so much time and energy into keeping the cemetery in its excellent condition by mowing, trimming, sweeping etc. – Laurie Tedcastle, Geoff Holmes, David McCallum, and Charles Tetlow.
Please do take a moment to visit the cemetery as it is such a beautiful peaceful place that we are very lucky to have. We always welcome feedback from residents so we can continue to improve – positive or constructive.
Samantha Haywood, Burial Officer, Yelvertoft Parish Council